Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Geeezzz...

Egg-a-licious - Truffled Egg Custard (Note to self--need to purchase special spoons!)
Frick....I only lasted 2 weeks. I knew this would happen, I was feeling good too, actually I still do. The key is moderation just like anything else. It was going well...a party of salads, sauteed veggies, tofu, even a creation of new egg dishes. I felt much lighter but I would get killer headaches, maybe all in my head though. Oh Ho-li-DAYs.....

It happened on a Friday, we were cooking up a mean piece of beef, New York Sirloin, bone OUT, pretty much a whole cow for Thanksgiving lunch at work. We bought a strip of beef from Costco no less, 10 lbs and roasted it. Although it was Choice cut and previously frozen, I tried it. I only ate approximately 1.5 oz but felt I could not go back. The next day, I had Chicken pot pie from Joan's on the 3rd, ahhh, in heaven, after that.....Butterball Turkey at Thanksgiving, and finally, Organic Roasted Chicken I cooked for our 'after' Thanksgiving celebration. Honestly, those 2 weeks were completely boring for me. Going to restaurants was such a SNOOZE, nothing was appealing, forcing me to order food that seemed tasteless. I actually went into a stage of 'bad restaurant food kharma.' Four meals out in one week turned into a nightmare! Gotta give props to those vegetarians, guess they look forward to sweets???? Not me...... Fried Chicken, Rack of Lamb, NY strip steak. Still haven't had a burger yet which is the ultimate meat lovers' delight. Going to Father's Office this weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bac Truong comments Chef Tammy for her egg-cellent creation. It was rich in flavor and is recommended for food savy patrons only. Amazing.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you tried to be veggie!!! Sorry it didn't work out for you. Maybe if you just ate fish? Props for trying though :)