Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Can’t Buy Me Love







Friday night and it’s time to drink wine and eat good food. I’ve wanted to make this Butterscotch pudding forever and had a few willing guinea pigs. I had to prepare dinner too! The food; Romesco style Shimp n’ Grits (a.k.a. Polenta cakes), Mexican Chopped salad with Skirt Steak & Chimichirri dressing, then Proscuitto & Brie Flatbreads. Last was Butterscotch pudding adapted from Dave Lebovitz. The pudding turned out not so great, the egg cooked too fast only because I should have tempered it correctly..ughhhh…..next time!

Eric back from a 6 month hiatus in Brazil and short timer Lindsay who’s moving to the Phillipines were my guests. The discussion was deep, figuring out how Eric could get back to Brazil since his Visa ran out and what life for Lindsay would be like in Southeast Asia. The conversation got even better, relationships, love, Patrick Dempsey, Grey’s Anatomy, and how much he went from, ‘totally chic to totally geek,’ in Can’t Buy Me Love. Needless to say, we ended up at Blockbuster watching it. I know, good times, good times, still one of my ultimate favorites.

No comments: