Thursday, January 21, 2010

On the Road















There's something to be said about traveling on the road...yes, it's exactly like, 'Up in the Air', except most people don't have all the perks like Mr. Clooney's character does. I mean, you have to travel alot ALOT and even then it's not even worth it.







I mean, yes, all meals are on the company, acquiring points are fun, and most of all being out of the office is always a nice change. But mediocre food, sitting at a restaurant/bar for one, uncomfortable hotel beds, unlimited crappy shampoo/conditioners and lotion, in the end, just ain't worth it.







To break away from chain restaurants and eating by your lonesome, I tend to get snacks or just order room service. I mean, you can eat and drink as you please while watching TV, surfing the web, and talking as loud as you want on the phone.







In regards to a recent trip to Salt Lake City: I decided to shy away from my usual local brew pubs, Squatters and Red Rock Brewing Co. and ordered room service from the Marriott hotel. This is what life is like, see pictures. I decided to critique the food tonight.








Chicken Noodle Soup: Watered down, too much dried oregano and way too many chucks of chicken, barely any carrots and noodles, need more than I can handle salt and pepper.








Salmon 'Po Boy': Pretty darn good, nice Asiago/Parmesan bun and salmon was nicely seared, thank god was not fried, liked the tartar sauce







Steamed Veggies (substitution for Fries): Bland, bland, bland with a touch of butter, pretty gross but I guess that's steamed veggies for you







Highlights: PICKLE







Dessert: Haribo 'Fruit' Salad from 7-11, that's what I call dessert!!!







I wanted to rent a movie on demand but it was 14.99 to see 'Couples Retreat'. I decided to save the company a little money :(

No comments: