Friday, April 16, 2010

Ludo Bites 4.0 and Chef Ludo


I've been invited to 'stage' or intern in Chef Ludo Lefebvre's kitchen for the next 2 months. Most Los Angelenos are very familiar with Ludo Bites, see here.





After culinary school in Philadelphia and working at Savona, I don't get to be in a live kitchen that much these days. Since I have my 'other' job as a Culinary Scientist I can only offer my services a few times a week. Chef Ludo has been more than generous with my schedule.






As many of you know, I continually challenge myself by traveling to other countries not only to learn about the culture but also cook. 2 years ago, I worked in a restaurant and an organic farm in New Zealand. While that was fun and all, I just didn't get a lot out of it. They use great fresh ingredients but not necessarily great technique. The best experience I had was training for 2 weeks at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris. I want to learn more about french technique and cuisine so this summer I'd plan to 'stage' in the South of France. This is where Chef Ludo comes into play.






I met Chef Ludo at 'Battle of Fried Chicken' at the Foundry on Melrose. As I was leaving Chef Ludo thanked us for coming in. I asked him if he could recommend a place to stage in France. And he immediately said, why don't you stage in my kitchen? I was thrilled and immediately jumped at the opportunity! And voila here I find myself in the midst of Ludo Bites 4.0.






It's only been 3 nights but in those 3 nights, I have learned so much. I'm looking forward to this adventure and to think I didn't even have to travel out of LA! More to come.... In the meantime, don't forget to catch Chef Ludo on Top Chef Masters this Wednesday, 4/21.

No comments: