Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cooking and Cooking - New York, NY

Every year work allows me to take a cooking class whether I like or not. This year I chose the ICE in New York City for purely selfish reasons. I wanted to visit friends and eat great food!




Each day we studied and cooked a different cuisine....deja vu of Culinary school all over. We sampled a new restaurant for lunch every day too, yes, I'm spoiled. One day, we visited the Union Square Market and cooked soley what was bought there including Rabbit.




Each night, I came back and cooked more for my friends in their lovely Upper Westside apt. The rooftop is amazing. Check out the pics, enjoy!






Eating on the rooftop



More eating on the rooftop





Scapes at Union Square Market, NY








Aji Sauce that I pounded for 2 hours in class



Known as Lapin in french, Conejo in spanish, Rabbit in english





Farmer's market raw salad





Chickpea fritters




Stuffed squash with Feta cheese, Mint, Scapes








Veal Saltimbocca


Lunch at Breton Bar, NY



Braised Lamb in Crepes w/Fiddlehead Ferns




French day in class - Pommes Anna, Asparagus Quiche amongst a few


Showing off my carving skillzz - tomato rose

No comments: