Monday, October 31, 2011

Dinner this Weekend: French Inspired

Decided to make a few dishes ala Thomas Keller this weekend and had a blast!  First up Boeuf Bourguignon which was doctored just a tad.  As Keller says, I strained the sauce a good 5 times and damnnnm was it flavorful and just...pure clean!  I opted to put it over Pommes Puree instead of using Fingerling Potatoes and it was so satisfying.  Next up, Chicken n' Dumplins, that was dang tasty too but next time, I must concoct up a flufflier dumplin'.

I served up a few Fall type sides and my friends brought their Sleazy Mac n' Cheezy aka Velveeta style :)  And for dessert... Brioche Bread Pudding which another friend helped me bake from scratch!   So good and fatty...all of it.  Enjoy! 
My friend, George's Croque Monsieur as appetizer

Vietnamese -French action of 'Banh Mi' as an appetizer
Black Kale and Brussel Sprout Saute
Roasted Cauliflower with Anchovy Butter
Chicken Fricasse n' Dumplins
Boeuf Bourguignon with Pommes Puree
Someone's plate
Note: Manadin orange for perspective--SO MUCH FOOD!



Brioche Bread Pudding with Caramel Bourbon Sauce and Ice Cream

No comments: