Monday, January 23, 2012

Shrimp Boil Time

It was a friend's birthday and she absolutely loves the restaurant, Boiling Crab.  I, myself, have never been so did the best to create what a southern shrimp boil would be like and let me tell you it was a blast!!!  How can you not like getting your hands dirty?!!

It's not corn season so I substituted in something else sweet---sweet potatoes.  Dipping sauces were roasted jalapeno pesto, horseradish mustard, plenty of hot sauces, and the basic black pepper lime concoction.  I cooked up a few racks of 5 Spice Ribs and a friend cooked up a batch wings. YEP-- all were thrown onto my butcher paper lined communtal table and VOILA....can you say fiinger lickin good?   

I'm definetly doing this again but next time it will be summer and we are getting Blue Crabs and Crayfish.  Who's in??? 


The set up
Shrimp, Ribs, Wings, Potatoes, Dipping Sauces

Conquered!



No comments: