Wednesday, November 1, 2006

It's a Doggy Dog World

Rescue Race


Who is this celeb with Hayley?

For most of you who know me, I have always been a cat person, a.k.a., Tiffy, RIP 2005. Since I moved here, I have discovered the underworld of dog loving ‘crazies’ of whom my cousin, Tina is apart of. She not only runs her own luxury pet products company (http://www.jaxandbones.com/) but is apart of a great organization called the Rescue Train (http://www.therescuetrain.org/), run by her friend, Lisa. These people are truly passionate, caring, individuals that do this solely for the animals. They literally pick animals off of the streets and try to find homes for them. I was recently apart of the Rescue Train charity event/5K race at the Rose Bowl and it was fun time. Tammy’s Jammies debuted LIVE as I was the DJ for the Pet Fashion show put on by Jax and Bones!
Merlyn the cat!
On another note, I have been slowly but surely trying to get to know dogs and I must say they are pretty smart animals. For instance, when Jerry, Tina’s dog was pulling clothes out of my bag and tossing it all over the floor, I figure he was trying to ‘get to know me’ or when Jax, her other dog, was shadowing every move and crowding me as I was preparing a 3-course meal, I figure he just wanted to taste my cuisine to find out what the hype was about. Sorry, constantly saying “good boy” or “no begging” to dogs gets tiring. Cats still rule and they understand you better when you ignore them and don’t need walks and instead of loud barks, they give cute, quiet little meows for attention. However, I am still giving dogs a chance….to be continued… :)

No comments: