Tuesday, January 23, 2007

FIRST Guest Blog!




The words of an anonymous photographer describe us best: CLOWNS.

Usually wherever Carly, Gerlyn, Tammy, Maria and I happen to be at any given moment turns into a circus ring.

Tammy has asked me to “guest blog.” In my blogging debut on Seeking the Good Life I am going to recap a recent party we so graciously attended. Picture a party in a gorgeous house in the Hollywood Hills, formerly-owned by Virgina Madsen. Visualize a circular foyer (are they always circular? I’m real sophisticated, I should know this), where a pair of beautiful male/female bartenders serve vodka/pomegranate juice. Primordial dwarf Mexican housekeepers scurry around to fetch empty plates of Brie cheese and dried apricots. Cosmopolitan Hollywood-ites chat about Mutual Funds. Now picture 5 girls with fake british accents in the center of it all, immersed in capturing the moment by taking hundreds of digital photographs. There were Model-esqe photos, action photos, gnome kissing photos; still-life photos of earrings, soy nuts and Tammy’s underwear. The background was similar but the facial expressions and poses were not. There were bed-eyes, puckering lips, hugs, Jenna Jameson positions all in the midst of a millionaire’s living room at a well-attended party.

Another energetic photographer fluttering about the party snapping photos for a scrapbook or I’m hoping a magazine happened to compose a picture of us in the act. She brilliantly titled it Tammysfriends_clowns.jpg

1. What do sophisticated clowns do when they get together?
2. Sleep on air mattresses blown up by hair dryers.
3. Go to Ralphs like it’s the new Fred Segal.
4. Get in fights over whether you bake in a stove.
5. Eat delicious breakfasts.

The morning after the Hollywood escapade, Chef Tu served the most delicious breakfast a vegetarian could ask for. FYI, Maria and I are vegetarians, we both have braces and we wear matching outfits. Basically we are brothas from anotha motha. Ger, Maria, Tammy and I dined on French toasts made of French baguettes (it’s so brilliant, who would have thought about using French bread for French toast? That Tammy is going places), toasted fake bacon and cheese sandwiches and a swiss-chard, onion and fake bacon frittata. It was like butter. If I were a millionaire I would hire T Tu to cook all my meals.
-Sarah
xoxoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fabulous- I was at that party and you ladies got what it takes. Hope to see you around soon

Unknown said...

Sarah, I was peeing in my pants reading your blog!!! I spit my wine out as I read the line, "primordial dwarf Mexican housekeepers scurry around to fetch empty plates..." Your delicately-phrased prose helps the reader picture the housekeepers as the type to fit into a Louis Vuitton pet carrier.

You brought up great points to illustrate our classiness...."sleep on air mattresses blown up by hair dryers." I bet noone at that party has ever slept in anything like it before!

And I love your ability to really sell a product with such eloquently-stated yet bold descriptions..."toasted fake bacon and cheese sandwiches and a swiss-chard, onion and fake bacon frittata." How yummy does that sound? I'm craving fake bacon now.

By the way, BTW, Ralphs IS the new Fred Segal!

xoxo-
Gisele, I mean Gerlyn