Monday, January 1, 2007

New Year's - Happy to be in 2007












This new year’s I just wanted to share a nice dinner with family and friends. My mom, cousins; Luan and Margaret went to a nice 6 courser at 2941 Restaurant in Virginia. There was great conversation, creative plates that were ate, and 2 fabulous bottles of wine that were drunken, not to mention the cocktails! My mom was the DD so we all felt safe that night. When it struck midnight, I was already sound asleep and completely content.

On New Year’s day, I arrived back in sunny Los Angeles greeted by my family member west side. I was happy and cooked a few appetizers and again we shared stories, food, and bottles of champagne and wine. Props to cousin, Tina, who selected all wines; Joseph Phelps Pinot, Cab Sauvignon from Oregon, Moet, amongst others.

To me, everyone plans for this anticipation/celebration of the upcoming year but it’s not about the evening but the journey getting to and from there. As I begin 2007, I am thankful for all of my family and friends who continue to support my madness and obsession of food, traveling, and just plain being silly and stupid!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww Tammy. I will support your silliness and stupidity.