Friday, May 25, 2007

the CHALLENGE

I was given a task to kick start the weekend off right. One of my clients calls and says,
“Help please, can you come over and cook tomorrow night! I bought these ingredients and have 10-12 people coming over, can you come up with a something fun???”

Her email verbatim:
Subject: FOOD I HAVE

HEY TAMMY! THANKS SO MUCH FOR HAVING A GO AT THIS!!
6-7 adults (2 vegetarians) and 5 kids
I have 6 big pieces of bass I was planning to cut in half but whatever you want to do. Fresh veggies: 3 heads of cauliflower, 10 tomatoes, container baby heirloom tomatoes, 2 green onions, 4 heads of endive, 2 large tubs of organic salad, 3 stalks of romaine lettuce, mushrooms, canned baby corn, bag of carrots, mixed wild rice, red onions, tofu, and red peppers.Fruit: Small watermelon, 8 donut peaches, 8 nectarines, two bags of cherries, two bags of grapes...Let me know what else you want, it was so warm today I was wishing for a cold soup like gazpacho or something...

I felt like an ‘Iron Chef’ but with more options. It was much fun, definetly better than sliced bread, and almost comparable to getting tickets to Justin Timberlake! I told her to buy a few additional ingredients and my theme turned out, Asian-esque. They loved it and even the kids ate it. Sorry no pictures only because I was going crazy in the kitchen. Here goes my menu:

Chilled Cucumber and Avocado Soup
Organic Greens, Endive, Tear-Drop Heirloom tomatoes, Snow Peas, crispy wonton w/Sweet Chili Garlic dressing
Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli with Sesame oil, toasted seeds
Grilled Ginger Tofu Stir Fry with Mushrooms, Carrots, Baby Corn
Grilled Chilean Sea bass with Tomato, Caper, Mint Relish
Fried Wild Rice with Edamame, Red Onion
Warm Peaches with honey fused Yogurt, Cherries, Grapes, Watermelon


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooo, that menu sounds magical. I might be requesting some of those recipes soon...:)
SET

Tammy Tu said...

Thanks for distinguishing yourself from other Sarahs, I can always count on you to be interested in my recipes!