Monday, August 13, 2007

I'm off to...

People, I hit a stroke of luck this year, I’m off to Paris for 2 weeks!!! The trip is purely devoted to food, art, food, Parisian way of life, did I mention food, and lastly, as a friend stated, ‘why we travel’ moments. I’m out to seek the simple treasures of life that can be incorporated into my life back home….a.k.a. a self discovery and pilgrimage before I hit 30! Don’t worry folks, I will be well taken care for the last few days, as mom visits and we venture to Michelin famed restaurants, Versailles, and the Vallee de Loire. For now, I am packing, what is in the suitcase?

1. Knives (I forgot to say…I am taking a week long class at Le Cordon Bleu, translated into English, just for me…scary!!)
2. Map and guidebooks (I am a COMPLETE disaster with directions)
3. I-pod and books (in case this American offends people in class and will have to spend nights by myself, hard to believe)
4. French dictionary (my Vietnamese is 10 times better than my french, need I say more?)
5. Running shoes (Am a Bridesmaid for my cousin’s wedding 2 weeks after I get back, again, need I say more?)
6. Plastic bags for smuggling food back (chocolate, cheese, bread)
7. Camera and journal (for all of you fine folks and the blog!)

To be continued.....see you all soon, I love emails!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. Smuggle me back some cheese. Your suitcase might be stinky but it will be worth it!!

virginia said...

hope you have soooo much fun! I want to see pics when you get back! Don't worry about needing the ipod and book other than using it during the airplane ride! Go out there and have fun! <3

Anonymous said...

TAMMMYYYY - You know I'm gonna miss ya buddy :)
You are going to have a amazing time!

VP said...

yeah, leave the ipod at home, don't be an introvert. ...sit at a bar and learn some french.

Anonymous said...

Tammy Tu you are an imbacil! Stay in america where you are loved and leave France to the French, s'il vous plaît