Saturday, August 8, 2009

Cape Cod








There are a few things you regret once you move to the West Coast. One of them is to marvel at the beautiful areas of the East Coast. Cape Cod was definitely on my list. So, when the chance arose to visit the ‘peninsula’ at a friend’s summer home, I jumped on the opportunity.





Taking the train from New York City to Boston was breath taking. I miss all the green, trees, woods, and serenity. The route also took us through the beach towns which were great. It really did feel like an east coast summer and took me back to my years of living on that side of the world.






Cape Cod was peaceful and full of awesome seafood. It was nice and relaxing but as always way too short. Lighthouses, Provincetown, New England cottages, I really took to the scenery. We tore through the local seafood and cooked lobsters and swordfish. One of the best meals was steamed clams and mussels with chourico sausage. We managed to fit in clam ‘belly’ strips and chowder as well. All and all, a seafood affair to remember.




Special thanks to the Toners and of course Sarah and Meg!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous. Keenan and I will be going on 9/12 to Maine!