Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Inn of Little Washington








Ever since I was young, I have always heard such great things about this restaurant that lies 1 hour South from Washington, DC, called the Inn of Little Washington. I was finally treated for dinner my last visit home. Tucked away amongst the mountains, streams, and green pastures of Virginia is the little town of Warrenton where the Inn resides. The restaurant is gorgeous, quaint, charming and represents the State of I love so much. We started off with a glass of Champagne, followed by a Duckhorn Goldeneye Pinot Noir (one of my favorites). A beautiful tray of Amuse Bouche started us off right. Amuse bouche is a away to tease the pallet, consisting of 1 or 2 bites, usually like an introduction of the meal by the Chef. Afterwards, 5 courses served that included a cheese plate and dessert. As a take home gift, we were given a lovely box of mignardises. Les Mignardises as they say in French is a typical way to finish a meal. Another name for them are petit fours. They are served even after the dessert with coffee and are usually small bites of sweets. Chocolates, caramels, mini French macaroons, mini cookies, candied lemon peels are just an example of some. I most often prefer the mignardises more than my dessert! Overall, the environment was relaxing which made the meal ever more delicious!

No comments: