Sunday, January 6, 2008

2008 wishes

I am sure most of the world already has their resolutions. Well, this year, I am calling them wishes because, well…. they are, wishes and hopes. Although, I am a firm believer in everyday changes in your life, I’d like to jump on the band wagon too. Here they are:

1. Run a 10 K – just do it already
2. Read 6 books this year (last year I read 2, 2 more than any other year)
3. Listen to NPR on Sundays and download music other than Kanye, top 40 stuff
4. Sing aloud, in front of strangers would be a plus
5. Instead of deep breaths, find more moments that take my breath away
6. Cook GREEN
7. Sit on the beach
8. Write
9. Visit the mother land
10. BUNGEE JUMP
11. Be like ‘Wild geese’…. (Poem below)

Wild Geese

You do not have to be good.
You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Tell me about despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.
Meanwhile the world goes on.
Meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain are moving across the landscapes,
over the prairies and the deep trees, the mountains and the rivers.
Meanwhile the wild geese, high in the clean blue air, are heading home again.
Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
the world offers itself to your imagination,
calls to you like the wild geese,
harsh and exciting--over and over announcing your place in the family of things.

-Mary Oliver

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were going to run a 10k last year? And wasn't singing on your 2007 list too? I'm interested in cooking green... tell me more!

Anonymous said...

I thought you were going to run a 10k last year? And wasn't singing on your 2007 list too? I'm interested in cooking green... tell me more!

Anonymous said...

Whoops, didn't mean to leave duplicate comments! My 2008 resolution: not to be so repetitive.

p.s. NPR on weekdays is way more interesting than Sundays.

Tammy Tu said...

Sarah Dodge --- I love your questions! Yea, I never got a chance to do a 10 K last year only 5ks and of course I did the whole Karokee-ing but I am talking about about busting out randomly perhaps in a super market or something!
Hmmm, NPR on week days? Got any recs on music for me?