Saturday, January 26, 2008

Think Blue!






We have seen this major craze of going Green; yep even I tried to go green with my diet. I started out this year vowing to cook ‘green’ as much as possible. But lately I have had guests and missed farmer’s market....leave it to Whole Foods to the rescue which puts a major dent into my funds. Anyways, cooking green has led to weekly dinners for friends and family. It started out last week with cousin Caroline and I, this week it moved to a friends’ house in Culver City, that’s 3 people all together. The goal by the end of the year, 52 people in my home for what I like to call, ‘Tu's Blue Table’. The ‘Green Table’ sounds cliché and well, the beauty I love is blue; sky, sea, thankfully, no food is blue. Let me know if you are in the area and we’ll throw a party in your honor, like brunch last week.

SET and Meg from the East bombarded LA, we read lines/scripts, joshed about old times, politics, and Hollywood gossip over eggs, grits, while drinking rose. The night before, I made Bistro-Gastropub style food. Polenta squares with Wild Mushroom Ragout, Cavolo Nero with Roasted Chickpeas, and Green Peppercorn crusted seared Tuna with carrots poached a la grecque. A la greque is a French technique and gives vegetables a chance to shine by bathing in their own juices in conjunction of water, herbs/spices at a temperature of about 160 degrees. I used garlic, parsley, olive oil, a touch of red wine vinegar and filled water halfway in a pot and let it get up to temperature, then threw in the carrots and waited for the ‘al dente’ moment.

At Tu's Blue Table, music of all kinds are welcomed, this week we were seranaded by Whitney Houston, Miles Davis (appropriately, Kind of Blue album), and a repeat of Fergie's - Clumsy. Yes we were indeed, after a few bottles of wine!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

52 people, huh? Ok, I'll come!