Saturday, November 7, 2009

Burgers Galore!

Bison Burger!
Turkey Burger
Salmon Burger



Got on this kick where I just wanted to make all sorts of burgers! So, a few weeks ago, I dedicated a weekend to inviting friends over and cooked up Salmon, Turkey and Bison Burgers. Let me start off by saying Bison meat is AWESOME. Lean but yet flavorful with a hint of gaminess. My new favorite meat, I used it the next day to make bison sausage for a pizza. I highly suggest buying bison meat ASAP, it is fairly inexpensive too.





I used a new recipe for the Salmon burgers. Instead of grinding up (processing via Kitchen Aid) raw salmon, I baked it first, then added scallions, onions, breadcrumbs, egg and pan fried. For a little flavor, I added dill, mustard, and chickpeas for a little crunch. The burgers came out good and the texture was great and not as mushy compared to my usual technique. All and all, it was fun times in the test kitchen and I've decided to start selling Bison meat as another side job. Just kidding, seriously, please try it!





Here's my recipe for the Salmon Burgers, serves 4:





Salmon, cooked 6 oz





Breadcrumbs, regular 1/2 cup





Onions, diced, cooked 1/2 cup





Scallions 1/4 cup





Dill, finely chopped 2 T





Mustard, dijion 2 T





Chickpeas 1/2 cup





Egg 1





Salt and Pepper to taste



Garnish greek yogurt or Tzatziki



1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake Salmon for 15-17 minutes or until done.





2. Meanwhile, sautee onions, scallions, and dill until fragrant, 3-4 minutes.





3. Break up and mix cooked Salmon with onion mixture, mustard, chickpeas, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.





4. When the salmon mix is cool or at room temperature, add in egg.





5. Form about 4-6 patties.





6. On medium high, add oil to sautee pan, pan fry each patty for 2 minutes on each side.





7. At 375 degrees F, bake patties for 12-14 minutes.





8. Garnish with yogurt or Tzatziki if desired.

1 comment:

mike said...

Dude, where's the post from your Greece/ Turkey trip?