Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Snoop Dog Concert



I read somewhere that Snoop would be in putting a concert to benefit his "Snoop" Football Little League. While the man does get in trouble with the law, I have listened to him my whole life. From when he collaborated with Dr. Dre in the early 90's and most recent with Justin Timberlake (my secret boyfriend), I have always loved his music! My dream come true to see Snoop Dog perform in the LBC...or at least 40 miles from it. This was the best concert I have ever been to! For all our VT folks, we wish you guys were there cause he kicked it back old skool. The scene was crazy, all sorts of folk, old, young, white, black, asian, there was no discrimination.

Damian Marley opened up and the smell of 'herb' radianted through the crowd. Next was the Pussy Cat Dolls featuring Snoop singing the latest top 40 'Buttons' mix. He was smooth and sleek wearing a black velour jogging suit with '20' etched on the back and his infamous Snoop Dog logo on the front. Unfortunately, afterwards, he left the stage and we had to endure what seem to be high school dance routine songs by the Pussy Cat Dolls. 20 minutes later, Snoop came out again with literally 30 of his friends in the background while he went through a hodge podge of oldies but goodies. He started off slow with a rendition of P-I-M-P by 50 cent which was odd. Hysteria filled the LA Greek theatre as he lead into..."Nuthin' but a G Thang", followed by "Gin and Juice, It's Like This and Like That, Gansta Party and Bow Wow WoW, Yippe Yo Yippe Yeh." I was screaming like a teenager when "Beautiful" and "Drop Like it's Hot" ended the show.

It was a rockin' time and made me realize that Snoop Doggy Dog is not only an icon but a legend with classic and eloquently spoken schizel-dizel lyrics. He makes us remember that life is just plain silly.

No comments: