Friday, June 15, 2007

Going GREEN



I decided on trying a little experiment. I am going Green (food wise) in my own home and anytime I cook in other people's homes. Dinner parties are up for debate depending on my clients' budgets! This entails buying all local (within a 300 mile radius), mainly produce and proteins. I'll shoot for bread but know it could be a little tricky. I will allow myself to dine out as usual probably not at 'green' restaurants. I visited the SoPas farmer's market (only 3 blocks down the street) last night and bought a bunch of goodies. For all of you that have the luxury to buy at a farmer's market, please do so. There are many things you can do to help the environment, this is only a start! This will be a 2 month test. Anyways, check back later to see how I do.





















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Tammy! The critical balance of our ever crumbling fragile ecosystem is highly maintained by our integrity and dedication to the green way of life. You are now part of an elite team that will make the difference for the generations to come. Now it is up to you to take the extra steps- start making your own toothpaste, shower every other day, and "when it's yellow let it mellow". See you around Babe!

Anonymous said...

Does this mean no meats! I love it! I think you will be happy about your decision regardless.