Friday, June 1, 2007

a Hike?


When you think LA, I am sure you don’t think there would be places to hike. But just like everything else in LA, it is trendy. There is even a celebrity trail, where you could spot Lindsey Lohan or Britney Spears walking their dogs (if they had any). I remember the first time, my good old cousin took me hiking even though I was wearing jeans and flip-flops. She assured me the trail wouldn’t be too bad and I assumed it would be fairly flat. Nope, it was all uphill, elevating up to a couple hundred feet. I somehow climbed up a few hills okay but going down, of course, fell, tumbling and ripping my jeans. Okay, stop laughing now! Anyways, I’ll never forget that moment and vowed to finish the trail with appropriate attire. The next time, I was rewarded with a view of the Pacific ocean overlooking Malibu and coastline of LA. The beauty of LA is hiking in the morning, swimming by noontime, and skiing by evening. Unfortunately, I am not a skier (yet)!

No comments: