Sunday, December 3, 2006

San Francisco




It’s amazing how SF is 6 hours north of Los Angeles and the atmosphere seems to be of a another state. I love San Francisco and visiting it a true vacation for me. Whenever I go there all I want to do is indulge in the culinary gifts and delights. To me SF is the ‘New York’ of the west coast. Restaurants are abundant, awesome purveyors of local produce, plethora of culture, not to mention the true beauty of the place. I was out of my mind when I stepped into the Farmer’s Market! The produce was incredibly fresh and full of myriad of colors, friendly local farmers and SF foodies fighting to just plain....eat! I was dying for my knife, a hot flame, and pot to cook.

In the Embarcadero, there are nothing but food specialty shops for Cheese, Meats, Pastries, Chocolates, Mushrooms, Wine, and even Caviar. I had a field day trying all the delectables. Among them were the Organic Beef hot dog, French macaroons, and my ultimate find of Honey Truffled Mustard. I am hooked! I was lucky enough to explore a bunch of San Francisco restaurants, Zuni Café, Slanted Door, Bar Tartine, and a new restaurant Range. My favorite being Slanted Door, a restaurant by Charles Phan, trendy but hearty and authentic Vietnamese food. When I traveled to SF, it was Christmas time, air crisp but not too cold, perfect weather to eat, drink, and be merry.

No comments: